Information Memorandum –
Sale of Canobolas Smith Wines
Canobolas Smith Wines is the wholly-owned business of Fladon Pty Ltd. For Sale is the complete operating business comprising of:
11.45 ha of land with the Canobolas Smith Vineyard, Winery and Cellar Door.
- This is situated 12 km west of Orange in the highly prized Nashdale region.
- Soils are the classic Red Basalt Kraznozems of Mount Canobolas.
- The vines are planted on a Northerly slope to enhance ripening and reduce frost risk.
- Winery and cellar door were progressively developed from 1990 -2000
- Power is 3 phase from the electricity grid.
- This land title has a dwelling entitlement [ see attached letter from Cabonne Council].
- The vineyard was planted in 1986 -1988 and is one of the oldest in Orange.
- The vineyard and winery have a long track record of producing outstanding wines.
- These unirrigated old vines produce fruit of great flavour intensity and ‘typicitie’ that provide the basis for the premium boutique wine business.
- Canobolas Smith Chardonnay and Canobolas Smith Alchemy [Cabernet blend] are two of the most sought after wines from the Orange wine region.
- They can be found on the wine list at renowned Sydney restaurants such as Aqua Dining, Buon Ricordo , Pilu Freshwater and Sixpenny Stanmore.
- The vineyard has been managed on a sustainable basis and could easily transition to organic certification. With informed management and the natural benefits of the Orange climate , vine spraying is half that of the Hunter Valley.
- Winemaking is all on-site with a purpose designed and built winery. [see attached]
- The winery is built into the hill with an underground barrel and wine cellar.
- All necessary winery and vineyard equipment is included in the sale. [see attached]
- The winery has an established Cellar Door with indoor and outdoor tasting areas, kitchen and toilet facilities. All weather road and parking area.
Canobolas Smith Business and Brand
- The business is being sold in its entirety.
- This includes all licences, council approvals and Trademarks.
- Approx. 3,000 cases of bottled and labelled wine
- Approx 1,000 cases of wine in tank and Port in the barrel.
- This will provide the stock for continued wine sales till new production is ready for sale. This can be a seamless transition with cash flow operating from Day one. Canobolas Smith has a reputation of supplying high-quality wines with some bottle age and the Stock inventory reflects this.
- The wine business has been consistently profitable for many years
- With 30 years of successful business behind it; Canobolas Smith Wines comes with an unsurpassed reputation and loyal customers at cellar door and in the trade.
- This is a unique opportunity to be part of the history and future of the Orange wine region.
- Inspections are welcome. The beauty of this property must be felt.
Also for sale. Adjoining 31ha of prime basalt soil with a tri-level Brick Home with underground wine cellar, tennis court, swimming pool and established gardens.
Contracts for the Sale are being prepared by Cheney and Suthers Lawyers, Orange.